Sunday, May 27, 2018

My Show at FCCA

My first solo show at an art gallery is finally up at Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts. I am so excited about it! Took us almost 4 hours to hang 45 pieces of art!! My husband and daughter were such a big help along with the Members Gallery director! Here is a pic of one of the pieces hanging in the show that needed a bit of editing. Formerly I had painted it with a red sword but something didn't sit well with me! I wanted to convey that love is giving and also at times sacrificial but the sword is a bit too dramatic and I don't want to convey anything that may seem to be promoting violence, so I had to change it. The thing about oils is that you can paint over your mistakes. In life it is not that easy. That's why it's so important to do the right thing the first time around. However if we do get things wrong, we are still very able to make changes in life to better ourselves. Sometimes we just need time to examine our hearts and see where we can be better people. And God is there to nudge us in the right direction if we let him. Thanks for looking!

"For You" final version
"For You" first version


Sneak pic of some of the smaller works! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Video

Have recently completed a still life painting and while painting it, I thought it would be good to take pictures of the progression. Though...