Thursday, June 30, 2016

Foresight

This painting has gone through quite a metamorphosis....and I am still unsatisfied with it!! I will need to look more closely at color scheme and values to give it the glow and beauty that I am imagining for it. I feel helpless but I know what to do when that happens.

I went to a falconry show some years ago and took photos of the handlers. This young lady walked out with her falcon and I was able to catch a snap of her just so. I like that the bird faces the same direction. There was something parallel about them. The bird is blind folded so that he doesn't become distracted by what is around him. He need only be focused on the task that lies ahead. When the falconer is ready to display the bird's skill, she unmasks him and sets him free to find his reward. Likewise I think we need to remember that there is someone beyond us that guides our moves, who tries to keep us focused on what we are called to do. Sometimes we are blinded for our own protection and other times we are allowed to see what we are called to see. It's all a matter of timing. Of course as humans we have free will to do what we please, but we can miss out on the best that is planned for us, if we do not let the handler guide us. Proverbs 19:21


No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Video

Have recently completed a still life painting and while painting it, I thought it would be good to take pictures of the progression. Though...