Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Schools Out..Time to Focus on My Art!

Now that school is out for the summer, I am able to do more painting and the bitter sweet thing is that I will not returning to my art teaching position in the fall. I have resigned so that I can help my daughter watch her little one and also am looking forward to being able to devote more time to my own art. I do have to admit though, that I will miss teaching the children... I have learned so much from them and my need to be humbled by them. Have met many awesome teachers over the years too. Recently, I am doing a number of still life paintings. Love painting florals...if I am using real flowers I have a window of time in which to render them before their bloom fades. So it is with children. There is a window of time to appreciate their innocence and delight w all things. The little things in life can sometimes remind us of the bigger things.

Working on a this little 8 x 10, "Milking It"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Video

Have recently completed a still life painting and while painting it, I thought it would be good to take pictures of the progression. Though...