Monday, April 27, 2015

Little Orphan Girl

I am currently working on a couple of little paintings from reference photos that I took while visiting an orphanage in Nicaragua. It's a sweet little place where I had visited with high hopes of making a difference in some child's life. Instead they blessed me more than I could have ever blessed them. A very humbling experience when you realize your priorities are more disordered than those who are "less fortunate" than you are. The children loved to have their photos taken and this girl who would be much older by now...was mesmerized while just looking at the beauty of a palm branch. Need to work on the arm length...not sure if proportions are quite right.

"Palms" at Verbo Orphanage, Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Video

Have recently completed a still life painting and while painting it, I thought it would be good to take pictures of the progression. Though...