Saturday, November 8, 2014

Dress-UpTime!

Have not posted here for a while. Been busy but it's always a good kind of busy. I work in a school teaching and it's been a baptism of fire for me...but I love seeing the students create! It is fun to design projects for them and watching them come up with their results! Children are also fun to paint! Here's a painting of Laura I finished recently. It took me a while to complete it because I was new at portrait painting when I began the painting. I struggled with folds of shawl and the foreshortening of the arm. Then I left off with it for a while. I think I still need to work on shawl and arm....I like the face though! If you wish to purchase any paintings you may visit my gallery at dailypaintworks.com.
 
Detail, "In the Pink"

"In the Pink" 15 x 22 inches, oil on canvas
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Video

Have recently completed a still life painting and while painting it, I thought it would be good to take pictures of the progression. Though...