Saturday, February 11, 2017

New Small Works

I have been working on some small works and a portrait that I will reveal in a few more days. The two paintings posted here are ones I am still working on. For the painting with the heart-shaped dish, I wanted to demonstrate the idea of love being a sacrifice...a little drama complete with tiny plastic sword. I may paint the sword a different color since red seems very domineering in the center of this painting. Perhaps the emphasis will grow on me. Also in the works are three small portraits I am working on. Stay tuned!

"Love" oil on panel, 8 x 8 inches



"Peace" oil on panel, 8 x 8 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Video

Have recently completed a still life painting and while painting it, I thought it would be good to take pictures of the progression. Though...